Benefits of Membership
HCCC, a member based organization, is dedicated to advocating for sound public policy on health issues and promoting the highest quality health research. HCCC strives for excellence in health policy and seeks to ensure that the federal government and policy makers look to the Coalition and its members for timely advice and leadership on major health issues of concern to Canadians; and that they recognize the competence, commitment and contributions of health charities in improving the health and well-being of Canadians.
Involvement in HCCC enables members to do the following:
- Advocate to the Federal Government and its agencies with a united voice on public policy issues related to the charitable health sector. HCCC advocacy activities can provide access to key federal politicians and departmental officials that might otherwise be difficult for some member organizations to cultivate.
- Share information and leadership with other HCCC members on current issues of priority concern to national health organizations and the voluntary health sector.
- Establish and promote relationships within and outside of the voluntary health sector to further the respective and shared missions of all of the members.
- Participate in bi-annual CEO Forums which provide opportunities for discussion on common issues related to managing national health charities. Speakers on relevant sectorial issues are also included in these events (strictly for member CEOs).
- Participate in Annual Roundtable meetings focused on health research and health policy (open to member CEOs and senior employees from their organizations).
- Participate in HCCC task forces and committees created to address key priority concerns, which provide:
(i) networking and professional development opportunities with colleagues nation-wide;
(ii) opportunities to access economies of scale coordinate common messaging and create cohesion within the sector. (*Note: open to member CEOs and senior employees )
- Work with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and other research related organizations on common health research issues.
To obtain a copy of the application form please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.